Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Deployment #2 Coming...


It was the news I thought I would never hear again, since Lucas is getting out of the Marine Corps in less than a year..."Honey, I hate to tell you this, but I am deploying...again..." When he told me this, my heart literally fell into my lap and tears began to fall down my face. I was so devastated just thinking about having him leave again...and this time it isn't just me he is leaving, but his brand new daughter. I feel so horrible that he is going to be gone for all the little things he should not miss out on for his first child, but then again, as horrible as this can be, we are not the first people in the military to go through this. I have several friends that have given birth to their first child without their husbands. I just keep telling myself that Lucas will be here for the birth and the first month of her life before leaving. I am horribly sad right now, we both are, but I know this can only make us stronger in the end and after this last deployment, he is out and we will have a lifetime to make up for this 6 months of him being gone. We have a lot of decisions and changes coming up in the next 3 months. People said that having a baby will change your life, I just didn't think I would be going through so many changes at once! ;) I'm staying optimistic that everything will hopefully fall into place....

No comments: