Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 5, 2009

New Changes = New Attitude

We have had all weekend to talk, talk, talk and talk some more about our new reality that is heading our way whether we want it to or not. It was extremely hard for me to take the news the first day or so and I am sure being pregnant didn't help the situation much! :) I cried a lot, but finally realized yesterday that things come into our lives for a reason...whether to make us stronger, teach us a lesson, or other things and I need to take this negative situation and turn into a positive, the best way that I can. Part of me was feeling so guilty for the way I was acting because I have MANY friends whose husbands weren't able to be there for the birth and for the next 6 months of the child's life. At least Lucas will be able to help me through this tremendous hurdle, meet his daughter and spend time with her before he leaves. It can ALWAYS be worse and I am looking at it from that perspective...it's helping me cope and deal with the situation right now. Even though we have this on our minds constantly, we are trying to concentrate on the upcoming birth of our first child and enjoy every last minute of this exciting and great time in our lives together. The rest can come...just not right now...it's not going to ruin this moment! We have a tremendously supportive family, which I don't know what I would do without! Thank you for giving us the support and encouragement that we will get through this on top and offering all your help. We really wouldn't make it if it wasn't for you all!!! Love you and lets make the best of the months to come! :) Sydnee Eden Leifermann will be here is less than 2 months!!!!!!

No comments: