Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dr. Appointment Update

I had a Dr. appointment yesterday that I was extreamely nervous for. Since last Friday, my feet, hands and face have been swollen (not just a little, but a great deal) and it caused some concern. I began to read about a condition called preeclampsia or toxemia and that began to scare me even more. So I went in the dr. yesterday with a positive attitude and they checked my weight and did the urine sample and that was when it started. My urine test strip was green, meaning that I was dehydrated (don't know how that could have been because I drink water like there is no tomorrow!) and I tested for protein in my urine, which isn't good. They took my blood pressure twice, which was high, before having me lay on my left side for 20 mins and then took it again for it to be only higher. The dr. advised me to be on strict bed rest and not eat for 24 hrs just in case I would have to go in for an emergency C-Section.
This appointment was one that I wish Lucas could have been there for as I was so scared. I was bawling in the lab room waiting for my blood to be drawn and for them to tell me about having to do a 24 hr urine collection. I couldn't help but think the worst in this situation and thinking about how this isn't how it was suppose to be. After heading home I realized that either way, we are going to be ok. At this point, I hope they just take her out because I am worrying too much about our health. I am far along enough that everything will be ok if she is delivered. I just hope for the best. I have my appointment today to check my blood, urine and blood pressure and they are going to make a decision from there. I will keep everyone posted as soon as we get word!

No comments: