Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 2, 2008

It's A Pretty Big Deal

Today was a historic day! You know it is bad what you are blogging about it, but gas officially is under four dollars here. I was amazed moving how here what difference there was in gas prices from Minnesota to California and it was a BIG difference! When arriving here, gas was almost at five dollars a gallon and I was beginning to think it was getting out of hand. It is hard to believe that I remember when my brother was driving to high school and gas was hitting a dollar something and that was even a big deal. Crazy how things change. I sound so old when I say..."Back in the day...It cost me..." lol. I am so happy today that gas went down because like many people out here, our commutes are at least 10 to 20 minutes and I have to drive around 10 to 15 miles just to get to work, so I am smiling that I won't feel as big of a hit to my wallet...Lets just hope that it keeps going down and not up!

This wave of "gas" emotion hit me on my way out of a lonely day of shopping by myself. A real loner I am, I know, and I hate shopping by myself and Lucas was never fond of me dragging him along. I have yet to find someone "special" enough to drag along with me! LOL. It is times like these that I wish I had Lucas by my side. It is nice to hear other peoples feelings when you have doubt lingering and most of the time, Lucas's point of view was the deciding factor! ;) I need someone to visit to do some shopping damage on San Diego!

No comments: