Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Anyone Who Said It Was Easy...Is A Liar!





It's easy to give others advise when you have been there, done that. It's hard to hear the advise that things get easier as it goes because right now it feels like it won't. Although it will get easier (hopefully) for me one day further down the road, I am directly feeling the after affects of this deployment. I guess tonight is just one of those nights when you have too much time on your hands to think about everything under the sun and it makes it hard to keep that smile on your face and positive attitude in mind. Missing not only Luke, but also family makes it that much harder, but no one said it was going to be easy...so taking it one day at a time is all I can do. The only thing that keeps me going is the random phone calls in the early morning from Luke ensuring me that everything is ok and that reassurance is all I need to wake up and start my day off.
I got a phone call from Luke at 5:30 a.m. and the time difference is a killer! But I will be sleep deprived for a good reason and I know the kids at work will keep me on my toes until I come home and crash! That seems to be the routine lately. Luke sounds good like usual and he is busy busy busy. I hate that our phone calls are so short or so it seems because it is all we have. I find myself just finding the most random things to talk about just to stay on the phone with him as long as I can, but he knows my games all too well! =)
Today was a hard day full of tears, but I know I will go through many more. I keep thinking about family back home and how hard it is for them because they had to say good-bye 2 months before I did, so for them it is a 8 month deployment...my heart goes to you!! This truly is going to be a really tough life challenge and I do not know how people do it more than once!

No comments: