Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Home Doesn't Quite Feel Like Home....

Like always, our trips home to Minnesota go faster than we want them to. It seems like yesterday we just got there and now the goodbyes are so bitter sweet. It will probably be the last time many people see before our baby is born and that has gotten me a little down, but excited to show her off to my family when we get the chance. I had such a humbling experience at home and for once in my life, I didn't want to go back to California. Small town Austin isn't as bad as I have always portrayed in and besides, there is no place like home where your family is. I have spent so many years away, that I finally realize how much I miss out on and how much people miss out on in my life. So it has been really hard being back home in Cali, I have spent a lot of time crying just wishing we could be closer to family. BUT, it will come one day, soon...I just have to keep strong and have faith that everything will work out the way it is planned.
While I was home, my family held a baby shower for me and it was amazing! I got to see people I have not seen in years! There was a lot of people there, so if I didn't have time to chat with you all that much, I'm sorry! I really appreciated everyone coming out, it meant a lot to me. I have to say that I am pretty well prepared so far this little Sydnee to come. We are working on her room right now and will post pics of that and the shower when I get them up. Thanks to everyone that made our trip so amazing, we love and miss you all.

No comments: