Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Officially A Month Away

Today marks 5 months and 1 week since Luke has been gone and I am officially one month away from seeing him, however it could be earlier we just don't know yet. I hope to find out the official date of when they will be here soon and also his leave dates...can't wait to come home to MN! My stress levels seems to be high as I have so much to do before he gets home and Christmas on top of it all! I am feeling anxious and nervous and I just can't wait for the day to be finally here. I can't help but think about my other friend, Melissa, whose husband left a week later than Lucas and how she has to go a whole month longer than I do...I am grateful he gets to come home when he does.
Just know ladies who are going through this, it does get better (I thought it wouldn't) and time passes as the world doesn't stand still for anyone. However, I know the moment that we see our men, the world will stand still for us as we embrace the people that we love in our arms and hold on to them tighter than we have ever done so before. Loving someone is one thing, but loving a person from a distance to so bitter sweet...we really do have the toughest job in the military! =)

No comments: