Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Can You Believe It?


I know I say this a lot throughout my posts, but I can not believe that I made it this long. I remember feeling like it will NEVER end (some days more than others) but it went pretty fast when my mind was busy. Hard to believe that I have missed out on 6 months of Lucas' life and vise versa, but I know in my heart that this deployment and time apart made us so much stronger! Our relationship has been through so many tests, this was just another small bump in the road and we can now honestly say we made it through all that life can throw at us and were on top. I am the happiest person right now and luckiest girl in the world to have someone like Lucas in my life. He is my best friend and I have missed having one around that isn't thousands of miles away (Kate, Melissa and everyone I still love you and thanks for being there for me many miles apart!). With Lucas' homecoming brings more happiness as we get to go home to Minnesota after not seeing our family for 8 LONG months. This has been the longest months without them and especially not being around for the holidays for the first time in 6 years. In the past I wasn't very close with my family, but through this experience I have found comfort in calling them every night and just knowing they are just a phone call away. Ok, I'm getting emotional, but I am sure it will only get worse as the week goes on. I can not thank you all enough for being there for me and Lucas through such a tough time that most people wouldn't understand. We are ALL so much stronger because of this! Thank You! I love you all!

Only 7 more days!

XOXOXOXO

No comments: