Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Time To Update!

So much has happened to keep me busy for the past 4 weeks. It is so hard to believe that Syndee is already a month old! She got weighed in yesterday at 9lbs 7oz, so she has gained 2 pounds in a month! I feel like she is so big and changed so much already...hard to imagine what the next month with be like.
First thing is first. Shortly after giving birth, less than 2 weeks, Sydnee and I flew home to MN which is where we will be living for the next 5 to 6 months while Luke is on deployment. We are all situated here, our room is set up and we are settling in just fine. Luke drove home for Christmas with the dogs and made it safe and sound here, just before the bad weather hit. Our 3 Christmas' that we attended were great. Everyone got to meet Sydnee which was great.
Luke left yesterday morning to head back to California and will be leaving for deployment shortly. This deployment is so bitter sweet for us. It is going to be harder now that we have Sydnee and Luke will not be here to see her grow, but it means that this is the last deployment we will have to go through since he plans on getting out of the military next November. Stuff like this never gets easier, but I am staying super positive as I have Sydnee to keep me strong and be strong for. It will be challenging, but the end result is what I am looking at right now.
If things couldn't be more stressful! Duke got his mass skin tumor removed yesterday and I picked him up today. It nearly covers his whole shoulder and it is full of stitches and I feel so sorry for him. He seems to be ok, uncomfortable, but mobile. He will be in recovery for 2 weeks and I just pray that they were able to get all the cancer and we won't have to deal with this again.
Phew! This has been a month that has been full of joy, sadness, nervousness and happiness. Quite the combination huh? I am glad that 2009 is coming to a close, as 2010 will be even better! Sydnee our rock and someone that has brought so much to our life...I can't wait for even more (if that is possible). We love you Lucas, stay safe and we will see you very soon! :)

No comments: